Dreaming of yoga, skiing and snow-boarding for the winter? Savouring the slopes whilst also carving some yoga into your holiday? Outside there is ice, snow, powder and breath-taking mountains. Inside the beautiful stone and wooden chalet there are log fires, bespoke rooms and congenial communal spaces lit by candles, warm smiles and tall tales of mountain adventures. Delicious vegetarian meals, homemade breads, juices and house wines are served daily as the sun rises and sets over the mountains of the Oisans ranges. The chalet is unusual due to its quirky boho beauty and spaciousness. Originally a stone barn it has been lovingly converted to provide boutique accommodation.
Famous for the breath taking views, Villard Reculas is an ancient village where time has been preserved in the twists of the timbers that support the tumbling tiles and wood piles high beside the cow shed door and yet, you can walk five minutes up the road and with one ski-lift are deposited into the heart of one of Europe’s favourite ski areas, Alpe D’Huez. Pumping pistes and stunning vistas make this an area that offers both peace and passion for the ultimate ski-yoga getaway.
Ski school, lift pass office, two little restaurants and ski hire are available in the village, with a bus or ski lift available to Alpe D’Huez where there are shops and sports facilities.
What’s included in your holiday:
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a bespoke, eco-friendly, boho chic chalet in an haut village, within 5 minutes’ walk to the first ski lift.
- Single, double or twin rooms subject to availability.
- Morning sessions of yoga (amount varies due to teacher’s syllabus)
- Evening sessions of yoga (amount varies due to teacher’s syllabus)
- All yoga equipment.
- 7 mornings of healthy brunch.
- 7 afternoon teas with cake.
- 6 evenings of hors d’ouvres and pre-dinner drinks half an hour before dinner.
- 6 delicious evening meals – three courses of vegetarian specialties.
- Selection of wine available in the evenings.
- Unlimited tea, filtered coffee and herbal teas with optional soya or almond milk available.
- Crabtree and Evelyn ‘La Source’ toiletries’.
- Ski orientation for competent, intermediate skiers over three days to familiarise you with this awesome ski area – optional of course.
- Free navette bus service to the lifts and Alp D’Huez if required.
- Help with organisation of ski tuition, lessons are with the ESF ski school in the village.
- 20% discount for ski hire in local rental shop.
- Secure ski storage.
- Collection of guests from the bottom of the valley from Rochetaillée if travelling on Bens’ Bus
Making your way there
Best advice is to fly into Grenoble where you can catch Bens Bus. This service meets you at arrivals and takes you to Rochetaillée very cheaply where you will be met and transferred up the mountain.
If you take the Eurostar directly to Grenoble station then you can arrange your train to meet with the Transaltitude bus service that drops you straight into the village of Villard Reculas where we are staying – very cheap and very easy.
If you fly into Geneva, Chambray or Lyon, you will need to hire a car or arrange a private taxi transfer to the village. Changeover day is extremely busy.
On arrival day guests are requested to ensure that their transfers do not arrive before 14:00 and before 18:30hrs and that they have made arrangements to leave the chalet by 10am on their day of departure. Outside of these times, guests will be responsible for their own taxi fares to the chalet or to their bus stop. The meal on the first night is timed late at 8pm to allow for ski hire to be achieved on arrival day and lesson requirements to be ascertained.